Are you an experienced sales professional that’s hungry for your next big challenge? Do you have a strong understanding of retail operations in Czechia? If this sounds like you, then we’d love to chat!
Wolt is a Finnish technology company and until recently, we’ve been best known for our food delivery platform. On our mobile app or website, customers can order their favorite meals from our restaurant partners, and either pick their food up or have it delivered by our courier partners.
However, food delivery was just the start. We don’t want to just satisfy our customers’ hunger, but to deliver a wide variety of products and expand our platform to some cool retail shops, supermarkets, flowers, toys and other exciting products, all referred to as Retail.
To achieve this, we must first assemble the team of motivated sales superheroes who’ll secure the relationships with the retailers that our customers in Czechia want to order from. That means your role as the Retail Sales Manager is to be the true ‘hunter’.
You’ll be tasked with building and managing your own pipeline of Retail partners to approach and sign up to Wolt. This requires a good understanding of both the most appropriate retailers across various verticals to prioritise, as well as strong communication and negotiation skills to get your targets through the sales funnel.
As time progresses and more Retail partners are onboarded, the targets and duties of the role may develop. This means that you must thrive in the ‘start-up’ environment where constant change means there’s always lots to get your teeth into!
What you’ll be doing
- Systematically managing the pipeline of new potential partnerships and building relationships with the identified retailers - ensuring to tailor the approach accordingly to best position Wolt as a partner of choice.
- Identifying potential partnerships with retailers that will enhance Wolt’s portfolio, and using the right blend of data and logic to gauge potential retailer performance and unit economics.
- Having a deep understanding of the competition and various verticals in the market (supermarkets, convenience stores, florists, bakeries, etc.)
- Conducting negotiations regarding partnership terms and continuing ownership for the relationship until the retail development team steps in.
- Actively inputting on the local sales strategy that accelerates Wolt’s Retail market entry.
- Ensuring there’s an optimal product selection per each Retailer for Wolt’s platform.
Our humble expectations
- Extensive experience within retail sales - for example, FMCG or alcohol wholesalers.
- A natural ‘hunter’ with hunger to build and create a portfolio from the ground up.
- Demonstrable consultative sales approach - someone that can build relationships and tailor our offering and business model to a specific partner based on various parameters.
- Demonstrated ability to juggle multiple priorities and make things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Excellent analytical skills - such as translating data into actions, or analyzing sales metrics and producing relevant KPIs.
- Fluent in Czech and English.
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team, then click below to apply and get the conversation going!
What you’ll get by joining us:
- Opportunity to be part of building something exceptional, in an international environment
- Lots of learning and growth in a globally scaling tech company
- Along with a competitive salary and benefits, you will also be eligible for our stock option plan
If you have any further questions about the position, you can turn to:
Jonny Hyde, Regional Talent Acquisition Partner - firstname.lastname@example.org
Wolt is a technology company that makes it incredibly easy to discover and get the best restaurants, grocery stores and other local shops delivered to your home or office. Wolt works together with over 30,000 restaurant and retail partners as well as with over 60,000 courier partners across 23 countries and 129 cities.
Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer’s own language.
We’ve raised more than €707M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, Tiger Global, DST, Prosus, KKR, Coatue, 83North, Goldman Sachs, Highland Europe and EQT Ventures & EQT Growth, among others. We've also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt’s app as their Editors' Choice, Wired named the company one of the "Hottest Startups in Europe," Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year.
In 2020, the Financial Times named us Europe’s second fastest growing company. We’re still expanding rapidly and are looking for more talented individuals to join us. If you are passionate about cutting-edge technology, great food, and making an impact in your city, then Wolt just might be for you.