Payroll Development Specialist
Are you an experienced payroll specialist, ideally with experience in payroll process design configurations, and a good eye for overall payroll development? Do you want to be part of building and scaling our payroll operations in a truly global tech organization? If this sounds like you, then we’d love to chat!
Wolt is a Finnish technology company founded in 2014 with a mission to transform the way people can order food from restaurants. Wolt has since grown rapidly and become a global company, currently operating in 23 countries and over 120 cities across EMEA, servicing 9M registered users - and this is only the beginning. The People team at Wolt currently consists of about 60 HR, Payroll and Talent Acquisition professionals located in Helsinki, Copenhagen, Berlin, Tel-Aviv, Tbilisi and Tokyo.
We always strive for global scalability, modern processes and automation, and therefore we prioritise systems development in every area of the business. With this attitude, during 2021 the People team has launched platforms like Workday and Shareworks, while simultaneously beginning the roll out of Quinyx and changing our payroll vendor to ADP.
Specifically in our global payroll team, we are now looking for a Payroll Development Specialist, ideally with payroll project experience and an end-to-end understanding of payroll processes also from a technical perspective. Based in Helsinki or Berlin, you would help drive the implementation of our new global payroll vendor across all of our 23 markets.
This is a truly unique opportunity to be part of a major payroll transformation project in one of the fastest growing companies in Europe, having a chance to really contribute to what modern global payroll looks like, with a goal to provide a world class payroll experience to all of our employees.
What you’ll be doing
- Take active ownership in the areas of payroll process design and documentation, data transfer design, overall data management and migration activities, integration planning and testing.
- Perform analysis of our current processes and future needs and work on development, automation and integrations.
- Work closely with our counterparts in the local HR and Finance teams in all project related activities, ensuring that the global design turns into local payroll processes.
- Ensure our new design fulfils all local statutory and legal requirements
- Participate in project change management and training, ensuring we have successful implementations from all stakeholder perspectives.
- Drive independently different post-production activities after a country’s implementation is done, such as improving data transfers, automation, data quality monitoring etc.
- In all of this, you’ll join the payroll implementation team, working side-by-side with our payroll implementation project manager.
Our humble expectations
- Overall, you have a strong understanding of payroll and payroll process design, with a clear view of what works and what doesn’t.
- Ideally, you’ve had exposure and experience in payroll implementation projects, either on the vendor or client side, and ideally also in a multi-country environment.
- You have technical understanding of common HR tools and how they contribute to payroll
- Previous experience with a global payroll vendor would be considered a strong advantage
- A passion for data, process development and technology is a must
- You have strong planning, problem solving and time management skills
- You are a strong communicator, with high working proficiency in English. You have ability to look at matters from different perspectives
- You enjoy taking ownership and solving problems proactively.
If you are excited about working with the nicest of people, in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team, then click below to apply and get the conversation going!
What you’ll get by joining us:
- Opportunity to be part of building something exceptional, in an international environment.
- Lots of learning and growth in a globally scaling tech company.
- Along with a competitive salary and benefits, you will also be eligible for our stock option plan.
If you have any further questions about the position, you can turn to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that, we do not accept applications sent by mail. You should submit your application through our careers website!
Wolt is a technology company that makes it incredibly easy to discover and get the best restaurants, grocery stores and other local shops delivered to your home or office. Wolt works together with over 30,000 restaurant and retail partners as well as with over 60,000 courier partners across 23 countries and 180 cities.
Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer’s own language.
We’ve raised more than €707M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, Tiger Global, DST, Prosus, KKR, Coatue, 83North, Goldman Sachs, Highland Europe and EQT Ventures & EQT Growth, among others.
We've also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt’s app as their Editors' Choice, Wired named the company one of the "Hottest Startups in Europe," Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year.
In 2020, the Financial Times named us Europe’s second fastest growing company. We’re still expanding rapidly and are looking for more talented individuals to join us. If you are passionate about cutting-edge technology, great food, and making an impact in your city, then Wolt just might be for you.