Global Consumables Category Manager - Partner Retail
Are you a category management professional obsessed with continuous growth? Do you have a data-driven mindset and enjoy working hands-on with our global teams and partners to deliver a big impact? If so, then we’d love to chat!
Wolt is a technology company and we’re best known for our food delivery platform. We’ve grown our operations from just four countries across the Nordics to 23 countries across Europe and Asia today, and are expanding our offering beyond food into Retail (ranging from Grocery, to Home & General Merchandize).
In the Global Retail team, we empower our teams across 23 countries to scale the business quickly and with the right foundations on the inputs. The Global team is responsible for developing our analytics framework to help monitor performance, quality of assortment, insights from our customers and Sellers, and partners with the local business on important deep-dive analyses to produce unique insights to propel the forward growth of the business. supervise and evaluate our performance. In addition, our team is at the forefront of enabling key programs and critical initiatives.
We’re now looking for a Global Category Manager, Consumables to be responsible for accelerating the global growth of Partner Retail in Grocery categories by building the assortment plan and driving global initiatives that promote the recruitment of key product brands, improve success merchants and drive the overall profitability of the category for Wolt. In this role you will play a key role in the strategic planning and execution of our vision to expand our category growth to become the “city mall in a pocket” for our retail customers.
You will work closely with the Retail teams in our 23 countries to ensure that Wolt retail has the right product assortment, that the commission structure promotes the success of Sellers and the profitability for Wolt. Other key stakeholders include, but are not limited to, our Consumer Product teams, to ensure that our app provides the with industry-leading UX for the category, Data teams to define and develop all necessary reporting, data models, tools, Sales Operations to drive category performance in local venues and marketing teams, to structure a comprehensive promotion calendar for the year.
To succeed in this position, you need to be highly collaborative, high-energy, self-starter, with strong business acumen, and acute analytical skills in a fast-paced, data-driven environment. This is your opportunity to join one of the most successful growth companies in Europe, disrupt the delivery industry and improve the daily life of millions of people.
What you’ll be doing
- Defining the global principles of Wolt’s assortment strategy for the Category and constantly updating it to meet customer needs and optimise order economics.
- Acting as the “thought leader” for the Category at Wolt, and trusted partner to our 23 regional teams managing the category performance.
- Forecasting, building and monitoring internal and external metric reports to report on the status of new selection and availability to Global & Regional Retail Leadership.
- Increasing buyable selection from new and existing Retail Partners across several categories.
- Liaising with local Retail teams to inspire effective negotiations with prospects to sustainably grow the P&L, effective decision making processes for managing inventory, coordinating relationships with key Sellers and category merchandising. Thinking of the right approach on commission, promotion, range & presentation, but also of realizing a customized brand experience on Wolt.
- Being an ambassador within the industry and consistently enhancing the cooperation of Sellers with the Wolt marketplace.
- Liaising with Product Management to determine the user-facing needs of new categories, as well as contribute to improving the customer experience on existing ones.
- Continually improving and automating manual processes to enable the team to scale better as the business grows.
Our humble expectations
- Experience in a retail, FMCG, key account management/consulting environment with a proven track record of delivering results. Category experience with perishables & alcohol products or personal care, beauty and pharmaceutical is a plus.
- Strong business judgement with a track record of successful negotiations and relationship management.
- Strong analytical skills, ability to extract, manipulate and interpret data to derive business insights and decisions.
- Proven experience in developing original ideas, approaches, and solutions to typical, unusual, or difficult situations in a competitive and ever changing business climate. Proven project management and organizational skills to turn these ideas into timely deliverables.
- Ability to think strategically and tactically, with attention to detail.
- Top communication skills to build strong ties with internal teams and external partners. Full professional proficiency in English is required.
- Ability to inspire others, influence internal partners without direct authority and across several geographies, globally.
- Eligible to work in the EU, and willingness to (re)locate to one of our business focal points, e.g. Helsinki or Berlin. Wolt is a global company and therefore you should expect some travelling to our markets.
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team, then click below to apply and get the conversation going!
What you’ll get by joining us:
- Opportunity to be part of building something exceptional, in an international environment
- Lots of learning and growth in a globally scaling tech company
- Competitive salary + Stock options plan + Benefits
If you have any further questions about the position, you can turn to:
Katariina Saarinen, Talent Acquisition Partner - email@example.com
Please note that we do not accept applications sent by mail. You should submit your application through our careers website!
Wolt is a technology company that makes it incredibly easy to discover and get the best restaurants, grocery stores and other local shops delivered to your home or office. Wolt works together with over 55,000 restaurant and retail partners as well as with over 125,000 courier partners across 23 countries and more than 200 cities.
Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer’s own language.
We’ve raised more than €707M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, Tiger Global, DST, Prosus, KKR, Coatue, 83North, Goldman Sachs, Highland Europe and EQT Ventures & EQT Growth, among others. We've also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt’s app as their Editors' Choice, Wired named the company one of the "Hottest Startups in Europe," Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year.
In 2020, the Financial Times named us Europe’s second fastest growing company. We’re still expanding rapidly and are looking for more talented individuals to join us. If you are passionate about cutting-edge technology, great food, and making an impact in your city, then Wolt just might be for you.