Are you an experienced Payroll Specialist, with experience in end to end payroll and a good eye for overall payroll development? Do you want to be part of building and scaling our payroll operations in a truly global tech organization? If this sounds like you, then we’d love to chat!
Wolt is a Finnish technology company founded in 2014 with a mission to transform the way people can order food from restaurants. Wolt has since grown rapidly and become a global company, currently operating in 23 countries and over 120 cities across EMEA, servicing 15M registered users - and this is only the beginning. The People team at Wolt currently consists of 100+ HR, Payroll and Talent Acquisition professionals located in Helsinki, Copenhagen, Berlin, Tel-Aviv, Tbilisi and Tokyo.
We always strive for global scalability, modern processes and automation, and therefore we prioritise systems development in every area of the business. With this attitude, during 2021 the People team has launched platforms like Workday and Shareworks, while simultaneously beginning the roll out of Quinyx and changing our payroll vendor to ADP.
Specifically in our global payroll team, we are now looking for two regional Payroll Specialists, with end to end-to-end understanding of payroll processes and ideally payroll experience from both in-house and outsourced payroll.
This is a truly unique opportunity to be part of a payroll team in one of the fastest growing companies in Europe, having a chance to really contribute to what modern global payroll looks like, with a goal to provide a world class payroll experience to all of our employees.
What you’ll be doing
- Overall payroll coordination working in collaboration with our outsourced payroll vendor, ensuring that our global team is paid correctly every month.
- Supporting our HR team in the hands on collection, calculation, and entering of payroll data, where not handled within our system integration.
- Ensuring payroll data integrity across our integrated HR and payroll systems, and identification and fixing of any errors.
- Supporting in the maintenance of payroll guidelines by writing and iteratively updating policies and procedures.
- Drawing current and future needs of payroll in your region, transferring the data and ensuring that the design new design fulfils all local statutory and legal requirements by being active in our payroll implementation project
- Payroll query and request management both to employees and Team Leads
Our humble expectations
- You have a strong understanding of core payroll management and processes.
- Experience and passion towards payroll and payroll-related technology and processes.
- Hands-on experience of payroll process design
- Previous experience with global payroll and Workday (or other enterprise HR systems) is considered a strong advantage.
- You are a strong communicator, with high working proficiency in English.
- You enjoy taking ownership and solving problems proactively.
- You know how to use excel proficiently.
What you’ll get by joining us
- Opportunity to be part of building something exceptional, in an international environment
- Lots of learning and growth in a globally scaling tech company
- Competitive salary + stock options available
Click below to apply and get the conversation going!
If you have any further questions about the position, you can turn to:
Katariina Salomäki, Talent Acquisition Partner - email@example.com
Please note however that we only take applications through the application portal.
Wolt is a technology company that makes it incredibly easy to discover and get the best restaurants, grocery stores and other local shops delivered to your home or office. Wolt works together with over 55,000 restaurant and retail partners as well as with over 125,000 courier partners across 23 countries and 210+ cities.
Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer’s own language.
We’ve raised more than €707M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, Tiger Global, DST, Prosus, KKR, Coatue, 83North, Goldman Sachs, Highland Europe and EQT Ventures & EQT Growth, among others.
We've also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt’s app as their Editors' Choice, Wired named the company one of the "Hottest Startups in Europe," Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year.
In 2020, the Financial Times named us Europe’s second fastest growing company. We’re still expanding rapidly and are looking for more talented individuals to join us. If you are passionate about cutting-edge technology, great food, and making an impact in your city, then Wolt just might be for you.