HR Operations Specialist, Payroll
Are you an experienced People / HR Operations professional, with a genuine interest and passion towards the operational side of HR? Do you want to be a part of building and scaling HR Operations in a truly global tech organization, spreading across 23 markets? If this sounds like you, then we’d love to chat!
Wolt is a Finnish technology company founded in 2014 with a mission to transform the way people can order food from restaurants. Wolt has since grown rapidly and become a global company, currently operating in 23 countries and over 120 cities across EMEA, servicing 9M registered users - and this is only the beginning.
The People Team at Wolt currently consists of about 50 HR, Payroll and Talent Acquisition professionals located in Helsinki, Copenhagen, Berlin, Tel-Aviv and Tokyo. As Payroll Operations Specialist you’ll be joining a growing team of specialists who manage the daily payroll operations globally. You’ll be working at the heart of our People Operations, supporting our global payroll, payroll solutions and data. You’ll play a pivotal role in building Wolt’s world class employee experience.
As Payroll Operations Specialist you will play a critical role supporting global payroll while simultaneously developing our payroll proposition, processes and practices as we more than double from 2000 to 4500+ employees in 2021.
What you’ll be doing
- Overall payroll coordination working in collaboration with our outsourced payroll vendor, ensuring that our global team is paid correctly every month.
- Supporting our HR team in the hands on collection, calculation, and entering of payroll data, where not handled within our system integration.
- Ensuring payroll data integrity across our integrated HR and payroll systems, and identification and fixing of any errors.
- Supporting in the maintenance of payroll guidelines by writing and iteratively updating policies and procedures.
- Supporting in payroll vendor management.
- Resolution of any payroll discrepancies.
- Payroll query and request management.
Our humble expectations
- Experience and passion towards payroll and payroll-related technology and processes.
- Previous experience with global payroll and Workday (or other enterprise HR systems).
- Overall, you have a strong understanding of core payroll management and processes.
- Hands-on experience of payroll process design is considered a strong advantage.
- A passion for tech, processes and data is a must.
- You are a strong communicator, with high working proficiency in English.
- You enjoy taking ownership and solving problems proactively.
- You work well in a team, and are completely comfortable collaborating remotely and dynamically using digital tools such as Slack and Zoom.
What you’ll get by joining us
- Opportunity to be part of building something exceptional, in an international environment
- Lots of learning and growth in a globally scaling tech company
- Competitive salary + stock options available
Click below to apply and get the conversation going!
If you have any further questions about the position, you can turn to:
Katariina Salomäki, Talent Acquisition Partner - email@example.com
Please note however that we only take applications through the application portal.
Wolt is a technology company that makes it incredibly easy to discover and get the best restaurants, grocery stores and other local shops delivered to your home or office. Wolt works together with over 30,000 restaurant and retail partners as well as with over 60,000 courier partners across 23 countries and 129 cities.
Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer’s own language.
We’ve raised more than €707M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, Tiger Global, DST, Prosus, KKR, Coatue, 83North, Goldman Sachs, Highland Europe and EQT Ventures & EQT Growth, among others.
We've also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt’s app as their Editors' Choice, Wired named the company one of the "Hottest Startups in Europe," Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year.
In 2020, the Financial Times named us Europe’s second fastest growing company. We’re still expanding rapidly and are looking for more talented individuals to join us. If you are passionate about cutting-edge technology, great food, and making an impact in your city, then Wolt just might be for you.