Are you an experienced payroll professional, with a genuine interest and passion for payroll management and service design? Do you want to be a part of building and scaling our HR and Payroll Operations in one of our fastest-growing markets, Germany? If this sounds like you, then we’d love to chat!
Wolt is a Finnish technology company founded in 2014 with a mission to transform the way people can order food from restaurants. Wolt has since grown rapidly and become a global company, currently operating in 23 countries and over 190 cities across EMEA, servicing 9M registered users - and this is only the beginning.
The People team at Wolt currently consists of about 50 HR and Talent Acquisition professionals located in Helsinki, Copenhagen, Berlin, Tel-Aviv and Tokyo. To reach our next exciting stage growth plans, we are now expanding our People team and looking for an experienced Payroll Specialist to join our team in Berlin.
As a Payroll Specialist, you’ll be working at the heart of our People Operations, taking ownership of payroll processes and data in Germany. You’ll play a pivotal role in building Wolt’s world-class employee experience.
What you’ll be doing
- Overall payroll coordination working in collaboration with our Country HR Specialists and outsourced payroll vendor, ensuring that our team is paid correctly every month
- Supporting our Country HR Specialists with the hands-on collection, calculation, and entering of payroll data, where not handled within our system integration
- Ensuring payroll data integrity across our integrated HR and payroll systems, and identification and fixing any errors
- Maintaining payroll guidelines by writing and iteratively updating policies and procedures
- Helping to design and implement payroll processes
- Payroll vendor management
- Resolution of any payroll discrepancies
- Payroll query and request management
- Payroll-related reporting
What we offer
- Cool office in the heart of Berlin
- Independent work in a dynamic, international team
- A fast-growing tech company with many career opportunities
- Flat hierarchies in a family start-up atmosphere
- Attractive salary package including stock options plan
- Discount on Wolt orders
- Modern work equipment of your choice (MacBook, iPad)
- Various soft drinks, coffee and fruits in the office
- Comprehensive internal educations
- Weekly (virtual) all-hands meetings and regular team events
- Flexible working hours policy + 30 days of paid vacation
Our humble expectations
- You are experienced and passionate about payroll management and HR
- You have previously worked closely with outsourced payroll and Workday (or other enterprise HR system)
- Overall, you have a strong understanding of core payroll management and processes, with a clear view of what works and what doesn’t
- Hands-on experience in payroll process design is considered a strong advantage
- A passion for tech, processes and data is a must
- You are a strong communicator, with high working proficiency in German and English
- You enjoy taking ownership and solving problems proactively
- You work well in a team and are completely comfortable collaborating remotely and dynamically using digital tools such as Slack and Zoom
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team, then click below to apply and get the conversation going!
If you have any further questions about the position, you can turn to:
Sarah Gilming, Regional Talent Acquisition Partner - firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note however that we only take applications through the application portal.
Wolt is a technology company that makes it incredibly easy to discover the best restaurants, grocery stores, and other local businesses and have them delivered to your home or office. Wolt works with over 45,000 restaurant and retail partners as well as with over 95,000 courier partners in 23 countries and in over 190 cities.
Our apps (iOS and Android) have the best ratings in the industry, which is mainly due to our customer-centric approach to how we design our products and processes. For example, our customer service team responds in seconds and in the customer's language.
We have received more than 707 million euros in financing from renowned US and European investors, including ICONIQ Capital, Tiger Global, DST, Prosus, KKR, Coatue, 83North, Goldman Sachs, Highland Europe and EQT Ventures & EQT Growth. We were also lucky enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt's app as Editors' Choice, Wired named the company one of the "Hottest Startups in Europe", Forbes took our CEO Miki Kuusi was named 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year.
In 2020 the Financial Times named us the second fastest growing company in Europe. We are continuing to expand rapidly and are looking for more talent to join us. If you are enthusiastic about cutting-edge technology and good food and want to make a difference in your city, then Wolt could be just the thing for you.