Senior Privacy Counsel, Data Protection Officer
Are you an experienced legal professional seeking a challenging role within data protection? Does being part of one of Europe’s fastest growing companies excite you? If this sounds like you, then read further!
Wolt is originally a Finnish technology company and we’re best known for our food delivery platform. Just three years ago, Wolt operated in 4 countries and 10 cities across the Nordics. Fast forward to today, we’re in 23 countries with over 6,000 employees. Today we operate in 210+ cities, servicing over 15M registered users, and we’ve expanded our platform beyond food delivery into categories such as cosmetics, flowers, toys, electronics, books and even running our own grocery stores called Wolt Market. We are rapidly expanding our business, and our vision is to offer everything our customers need, to their door, in 30 min or less.
We’re now looking for an experienced, pragmatic and technically-minded data protection professional to own and lead our privacy compliance program as well as day-to-day privacy legal matters across countries, different business functions and multiple data subject groups. We are hoping you will drive the development of our data protection practices and take our in-house legal privacy support to the next level.
We’re looking for someone who has the ability to tackle complex privacy issues across different countries, expansion and business functions. A person who is able to manoeuvre multiple cases and stakeholders simultaneously, understand core business needs and support our people with the Wolt way of doing things will excel in this role. In this position you get to influence how to improve processes and scale our way of working. At the end of the day we are looking for an enabler with an entrepreneurial mindset and solution-driven ways of working. Our ideal team member has an ability to be close to our business, is dynamic and and proactively gets things done. We also appreciate quick thinking and a can-do attitude of rolling up one's sleeves, no matter the task or if it is in one's comfort zone or not.
In this role, you will be ideally located in Helsinki.
What you’ll be doing
- You'll work at the cross-section of product, security, engineering and operations teams alongside with other experts on the legal team.
- You'll be the official Data Protection Officer (DPO) of the company and the key point of contact in privacy related matters.
- You’ll maintain our GDPR compliance by developing our privacy governance framework to manage personal data use in compliance with applicable privacy laws.
- You’ll oversee our privacy compliance projects on the product roadmap and work with various topics on developing the GDPR compliance.
- You’ll advice and help our global teams and central functions in resolving privacy and data related matters and participate in negotiating contracts
- You’ll work with regulatory monitoring, privacy impact assessments and other privacy risk management activities, training, management of policies and procedures, and incident investigations and remediation.
- You’ll develop and own our principles, templates and playbooks relating to processing of personal data.
Our humble expectations
- Extensive privacy experience from working as an in-house counsel and/or at a reputable law firm in an international setting.
- Master of Laws degree from a reputable university in the EU.
- In-depth knowledge of relevant regulatory requirements, particularly the GDPR, and other data privacy compliance frameworks.
- Prior experience in leading projects and developing and implementing global privacy programs.
- Interest in tech, information security and modern software development processes.
- Practical mindset on how to combine compliance requirements with the interests and needs of the fast-growing and complex business.
- Willingness to truly take ownership and drive things, and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously while maintaining focus on the right priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. We are looking for a collaborative team player with a customer focused approach.
- Comfortable using English as the main language on the day to day.
What you’ll get by joining us:
- Opportunity to be part of building something exceptional, in an international environment.
- Competitive salary and flexible working model
- Lots of learning and growth in a globally scaling tech company.
- Along with benefits, you will also be eligible for our stock option plan.
Click below to apply and get the conversation going!
If you have any further questions about the position, you can turn to Katariina Salomäki at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note however that we only take applications through the application portal.
Wolt is a technology company that makes it incredibly easy to discover and get the best restaurants, grocery stores and other local shops delivered to your home or office. Since launching 7 years ago, Wolt has expanded from a restaurant food delivery platform in the Nordics to a leading player in the delivery of everything across EMEA. Wolt works together with tens of thousands of restaurant and retail partners, as well as with over a hundred thousand courier partners across 23 countries and 250+ cities. In November 2021 Wolt and DoorDash announced they are joining forces, and the transaction is expected to close in H1 2022. We continue to expand rapidly and are looking for more talented individuals to join us.
Wolt not only offers great apps to customers and partners, but is also developing a broad range of technologies and solutions. Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of minutes, in the customer’s own language.
So, why work at Wolt?
At Wolt, we’re about getting things done.
You’ll probably enjoy it here if you like taking ownership, developing yourself and being around friendly, humble and ambitious people.
We work hard to make cities into better places, and it’s pretty cool seeing us grow every week. If you’re passionate about building things that just… work, Wolt might be for you.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
We want to have all sorts of people in our team – people like you and me, and people different from you and me. To be able to work with diverse teammates – when it comes to gender, age, ethnicity, life background, sexual orientation, political views, religion, or any other personal trait – we consciously aim to offer equal opportunity for everyone to work with us. This is because we believe diverse teams make the most thought-through decisions and build things in the most inclusive way.
Join us today to build Wolt together.