Global Head of Outsourcing & Vendor Management
Are you an experienced BPO / Vendor Manager or Lead looking to ideate, execute and manage a vendor network and outsourcing strategy in one of the Europe's fastest growing companies? If this sounds like you, then read further!
Wolt is a Finnish technology company and we’re best known for our food delivery platform. We’ve grown significantly in the last three years, expanding our operations from just four countries across the Nordics to 23 countries across Europe and Asia today.
Due to the tremendous growth of our business, we have grown our internal support team by 500% to almost 2000 people. Now we are at a point where we need to consider other sources to retain our service levels but not at the expense of our quality. Therefore we are looking for an experienced, ambitious and passionate lead to drive the outsourcing strategy and vendor management processes at Wolt. We are looking for someone with a “get-things-done” mindset, who is both comfortable on the strategy and planning side, but also eager to get into the details and execute on the frontlines. You will experiment and lead the evolution and scaling of our unique brand of quick and personalised live chat customer support.
In this role, you will be working closely with our Director, Global Support Operations to develop and execute our global strategy. You will initially drive experiments to develop a successful outsourcing model and then scale it globally. Owning the program end-to-end includes scoping and prioritisation of countries to try outsourcing and which workflows, sourcing reputable and reliable vendors, negotiation of contracts and service levels, setting up the management framework including quality and performance management both at the BPO but also on the Wolt side.
Ideally you are someone with leadership experience in launching, building and managing outsourced support teams and are ready to take on the challenge of leading a large scale outsourcing program at one of the fastest growing companies in Europe.
What you will be doing
- Developing Wolt’s unique brand of outsourcing model: You will initially research and develop a deep understanding of Wolt’s existing internal support network and identify opportunities and workflows for outsourcing that maximise ROI and drive scalable service levels. You will get your hands dirty, and experiment and fail quickly so as to evolve the best configurations between internal and external teams, and define a bespoke strategy for Wolt. You will work collaboratively with the Global and Local Heads of Support throughout this process to ensure that we have a model which has the benefits of an internal workforce such as quality and ownership, as well as the benefits of an outsourced model which gives us scale and reliability.
- Defining our Vendor Strategy: You will source, negotiate and evaluate capable vendors/ partners who can deliver on our strategy, and maintain a strong relationship with them to ensure that quality is consistently and profitably achieved. You will prepare and manage outsourcing proposals, agree contracts, statements of work and related procurement documents.You will then align proposals with legal, financial, tech and other teams as required and ensure that programs maximise value for the company.
- Proposing a global governance framework: You will propose best practices for what roles a vendor should provide to help manage performance, as well as defining Wolt’s internal management structure. You will create a continuous improvement business review and management framework to help ensure we deliver on quality. This includes defining the support and efficiency KPIs to track, setting up daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly business reviews and targets, defining roles and responsibilities for performance management at the BPO as well as local and central Wolt teams, and developing additional frameworks for workforce management (headcount planning and shift staffing), cost management, support tooling and business continuity risk management and other processes as required.
- Build a team to scale globally: Once you have developed our outsourcing strategy, you will build and lead a team to drive the program globally, including vendor managers and specialists. This role will eventually evolve to include outsourcing areas outside of support as well such as restaurant onboarding and retail
Our humble expectations
- Extensive, top-level experience in BPO relationship management and contract negotiation and administration.
- Knowledge of best practices in contact center forecasting, scheduling and capacity planning, and working with skill-based contact routing environments.
- Knowledge of selecting, implementing, and utilizing industry-accepted workforce planning software/applications.
- Expert understanding of integrated workforce management and quality assurance tools.
- Awesome analytical abilities; you’re able to dig into complex data sets to help inform decisions.
- Expertise in Program and Project Management.
- Customer centric at heart! Knows and loves providing amazing service and understand the role of support for the success of the company.
- Strong written, verbal, and visual communication skills, and a proven ability to influence and drive consensus at all levels of an organisation.
- Logical problem solver and thinker - you are able to develop bespoke, nuanced solutions to complex problems.
- Servant leadership mindset - be humble, ambitious and proactive!
- Minimum of BA/BS; MBA or graduate degree preferred.
- Willingness to (re)locate to Helsinki or Berlin.
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team, then click below to apply and get the conversation going!
Along with a competitive salary, potential bonus and benefits, you will also be eligible for our stock option plan.
If you have any further questions about the position, you can turn to: Katariina Saarinen, Talent Acquisition Partner - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that we do not accept applications sent by mail. Please submit your application through our careers website!
Wolt is a technology company that makes it incredibly easy to discover and get the best restaurants, grocery stores and other local shops delivered to your home or office. Wolt works together with over 45,000 restaurant and retail partners as well as with over 95,000 courier partners across 23 countries and more than 180+ cities.
Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer’s own language.
We’ve raised more than €707M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, Tiger Global, DST, Prosus, KKR, Coatue, 83North, Goldman Sachs, Highland Europe and EQT Ventures & EQT Growth, among others. We've also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt’s app as their Editors' Choice, Wired named the company one of the "Hottest Startups in Europe," Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year.
In 2020, the Financial Times named us Europe’s second fastest growing company. We’re still expanding rapidly and are looking for more talented individuals to join us. If you are passionate about cutting-edge technology, great food, and making an impact in your city, then Wolt just might be for you.
We work in small teams with high ownership, with each team focusing on a key area of the Wolt product stack. Each and every one of our product team members has a say in where we are going and what solutions we implement. We work with a passion, but we haven't forgotten how to have fun along the way!