Global Head of Workforce Management
Are you a workforce management professional looking to work on a global strategy for WFM? Does being part of one of Europe’s fastest growing companies excite you? If this sounds like you, then we’d love to chat!
Wolt is a Finnish technology company and we’re best known for our food delivery platform. We’ve grown significantly in the last three years, expanding our operations from just four countries across the Nordics, to 23 countries across Europe and Asia today.
With this stellar growth, we have scaled our customer support operations at a breakneck speed. So much so, that we have recently established a Global Support team to help our countries scale quality support, maximise customer experience and drive operational excellence as we continue to grow. The Global Support team helps to shape the strategy and performance of our local support teams through centralisation of time-consuming processes, best practice creation and managing a continuous improvement framework.
As the Global Head of Workforce Management, you’ll take ownership of developing a strategy and executing on programs to drive improvements on our shift scheduling and workforce management processes globally, ensuring we have correct staffing levels to meet support requirements, have accurate forecast capabilities, monitor productivity and service levels, and manage the backend administration, compliance and HR requirements for all Wolt countries.
What you’ll be doing
- Developing a global strategy and process for WFM: You will partner with the Global Head of Support and local support teams to define the WFM strategy for our global customer support organization. We are starting from a “blank piece of paper” and so we need a thought leader who is able to review our existing, locally driven WFM operational model, and propose and deliver a new WFM model which will ensure we meet the needs of our rapidly scaling, pre-IPO business - this model could include 100% centralisation into your team, or a consultation model for local teams, or a hybrid model comprising both.
- Defining best practices for WFM: You will be the thought leader and subject matter expert defining the standard operating procedures for Forecasting, Scheduling, Real-time Operations and WFM tooling
- Developing a global continuous improvement process: You will define, build and track WFM KPIs for global management, assessing them against our support service levels, and educating teams via playbooks about how to drive improvements in those metrics and service levels.
- Centralisation strategy: Once we set the foundation of tooling, data and best practices, you will manage this going forward - should we manage WFM locally or centralise this over time? If we centralise you will need to build a team to help you manage this globally.
- Creating accurate forecast models: Work with Support and HR to ensure we have an efficient model for headcount planning and processes to bring them onboard at the right time to meet demand.
- Optimally Scheduling employees: Ensure we are minimising over and under-staffing. You will work with tools to ensure that shifts are created and filled according to demand, balancing service levels with ROI. You will also over time manage live operations, helping to react to spikes in demand or increase in absenteeism.
- Commanding a strong senior presence: We need a thought leader/ subject matter expert who is able to inspire and motivate us to evolve and build a strong capability in this area. You will need resilience and patience in order to evangelise to and educate local support teams and other non-support functions, and give them the confidence so they can trust us with managing this critical area of planning.
Our humble expectations
- Solid understanding of workforce management concepts.
- Proven experience in running a Workforce Management program.
- Previous leadership experience within operations teams or senior management position.
- Experience in fast growing technology companies is a plus, as well as a working knowledge of working with internal and outsourced support teams.
- Strong business acumen and focus on operational excellence.
- Optimistic leadership: As we are building from a blank piece of paper, you will need to be resilient and open to experimentation and failing quickly in order to evolve the right central model.
- Experience with project management at a global scale and a proven track record of building and leading international workforce management teams.
- Good communication skills, information analysis & interpret capability (ability to present detailed technical analysis, assumptions, and recommendations succinctly).
- Advanced abilities in working with WFM tools, Experience with Excel and preferably SQL, plenty of experience working with data.
- Excellent problem solving, task prioritization, follow-up, and quick learning skills. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment with dedication, passion and motivation.
- Willingness to (re)locate to Helsinki or Berlin.
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team, then click below to apply and get the conversation going!
Along with a competitive salary, potential bonus and benefits, you will also be eligible for our stock option plan.
If you have any further questions about the position, you can turn to: Katariina Saarinen, Talent Acquisition Partner - email@example.com.
Please note that we do not accept applications sent by mail. Please submit your application through our careers website!
Wolt is a technology company that makes it incredibly easy to discover and get the best restaurants, grocery stores and other local shops delivered to your home or office. Wolt works together with over 45,000 restaurant and retail partners as well as with over 95,000 courier partners across 23 countries and more than 180+ cities.
Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer’s own language.
We’ve raised more than €707M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, Tiger Global, DST, Prosus, KKR, Coatue, 83North, Goldman Sachs, Highland Europe and EQT Ventures & EQT Growth, among others. We've also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt’s app as their Editors' Choice, Wired named the company one of the "Hottest Startups in Europe," Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year.
In 2020, the Financial Times named us Europe’s second fastest growing company. We’re still expanding rapidly and are looking for more talented individuals to join us. If you are passionate about cutting-edge technology, great food, and making an impact in your city, then Wolt just might be for you.
We work in small teams with high ownership, with each team focusing on a key area of the Wolt product stack. Each and every one of our product team members has a say in where we are going and what solutions we implement. We work with a passion, but we haven't forgotten how to have fun along the way!