Operations Manager, Vice VD
Do you have a solid background in strategy, operational excellence or business development? Are you passionate about challenging the status quo and improving the society? If this sounds like you, let's chat!
We launched in Sweden back in 2016 and from there, we’ve already expanded to 15 cities, but we are only getting started. As we continue to grow and expand across Sweden, we are looking for our next Operations Manager!
In this role you will be at the heart of the strategic and operational work at Wolt – effectively acting as the right hand of the General Manager.
This is a perfect role for you who thrives in a fast-paced environment, working at the forefront of the sector. The decisions you make often impact how people order food, groceries and retail goods – thereby offering a unique opportunity to leave your personal mark on society as well as consumer patterns.
This is a challenging role, and we are looking for a person with the ability to work on both strategic, political and operational issues, moving seamlessly between high level topics and detailed issues such as ensuring great service levels nationwide whilst scaling delivery capacity with growth. Needless to say, to perform well in this role, you need to be comfortable with numbers, applying an informed-based decision-making. Strong negotiation skills are a plus as you will be a main contact partner towards our biggest suppliers, political representatives and other stakeholders. This is a key role in our efforts to build a sustainable company in a highly competitive and heavily scrutinized industry. Potential exposure to media and journalists could also be a part of the role.
Moreover, as you are ultimately responsible for every order being delivered on the Wolt platform, you have a significant P&L-responsibility of 100 MSEK + budget and will be a part of the Swedish leadership team. You will manage and build a team around you, currently comprising four professionals who work with the operations on a daily basis.
What you will do
- Lead the operations team in Sweden. Coach and manage more junior colleagues
- Be part of the local management team and work closely with the General Manager on developing the local business strategy and launching business development initiatives – effectively working as Deputy General Manager
- Create and improve business processes to increase efficiency and profitability, while allowing the business to scale
- Make sound and critical business decisions based on data that our platform provides us with
- Meet with key suppliers and stakeholders in order to impact the way the industry is being developed
- Lead the expansion into new cities in close cooperation with other functions
- Cooperate with peers in other markets to improve our product
Our humble expectations
- You have a solid track record in operations management, consulting, modern logistics or business development
- This position involves strategic planning, but also requires a hands-on attitude
- You’re able to navigate big data sets, see patterns and subsequently make critical decisions, then following up and refining your actions going forward
- You need leadership skills and the ability to support your team members and courier partners
- You have the ability to disseminate ideas in a clear, concise manner to the relevant stakeholders through both verbal and written communications
- It’s crucial you enjoy being a part of a startup-within-a-startup team
- Fluent in Swedish and English is a must
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team, then click on the link below to apply and get the conversation going!
Along with a competitive salary, you will also be eligible for our stock option plan.
If you have any further questions about the position before submitting an application, you can turn to:
Maria von Frenckell, Talent Acquisition Partner - firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we do not accept applications coming in via email. Please submit your application via our job portal.
Wolt is a technology company that makes it incredibly easy to discover and get the best restaurants, grocery stores and other local shops delivered to your home or office. Wolt works together with over 45,000 restaurant and retail partners as well as with over 95,000 courier partners across 23 countries and more than 180+ cities.
Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer’s own language.
We’ve raised more than €707M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, Tiger Global, DST, Prosus, KKR, Coatue, 83North, Goldman Sachs, Highland Europe and EQT Ventures & EQT Growth, among others. We've also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt’s app as their Editors' Choice, Wired named the company one of the "Hottest Startups in Europe," Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year.
In 2020, the Financial Times named us Europe’s second fastest growing company. We’re still expanding rapidly and are looking for more talented individuals to join us. If you are passionate about cutting-edge technology, great food, and making an impact in your city, then Wolt just might be for you.