Global Facilities and Equipment Manager - Wolt Market
Are you a procurement professional obsessed with delivering amazing customer experiences? Do you love building relationships and deploying systems and processes to drive automation and scalability? Do you enjoy working in a fast paced environment and getting your hands dirty? If this sounds like you, then we’d love to chat!
Wolt is a Finnish technology company and we’re best known for our food delivery platform. Food delivery was just a start, and now we are exploring and expanding our platform with other business verticals in retail and grocery. We’ve grown significantly in the last three years, expanding our operations from just four countries across the Nordics, to 23 countries across Europe and Asia today. And we’re just getting started.
The role you are looking at is a part of Wolt Market - our very own grocery stores that deliver unprecedented convenience and world leading customer experience. People across our markets can order their groceries and have them delivered to their doorstep in lightspeed! This would not be possible or sustainable without a very strong operations function.
Wolt Market is growing rapidly and we have ambitious goals. We are looking for a Global equipment and facilities manager to build our sourcing and facilities management capabilities globally. The role will be critical in defining our suppliers, processes and playbook to standardise the equipment required to run our dark stores, optimising for speed and efficiency.
As the Global equipment and facilities manager you will have full ownership driving commercial relationships with suppliers to standardise all the equipment required to turn our dark stores operationally ready, with a principal objective of achieving optimal cost and performance. This role also requires close interaction with local teams to deploy and manage the implementation of your defined strategies.
In this role, you’ll get a lot of help and support on the way, but are also expected to be an amazing independent leader with an exceptional ability to execute every single day.
What you’ll be doing
- Develop and deliver sourcing strategies, with the aim of standardising all the equipment required to launch our dark stores.
- Drive commercial relationships with suppliers, with a principal objective of achieving optimal cost and performance.
- Lead supplier performance management.
- Coordinate and collaborate with local teams to deploy and manage the implementation of your defined strategies.
- Design & document all processes via standardized SOP documents, ensure collaboration of the countries & share best practices.
- Manage the P&L for all equipment required to run a dark store (including maintenance). Build and contribute towards global business plans.
Our humble expectations
- Experience leading end-to-end source to pay processes, including spend analysis, bench-marking, clean-sheet costing, negotiations, supplier performance management, scorecards, contracting, requisitions, purchase orders, and savings tracking.
- Experience reporting, interacting and negotiating with Senior Stakeholders.
- Fluency in English.
- Ability to think both strategically and operationally with an eye for detail.
- The successful candidate must be highly analytical, self-starting and thrive in a high energy environment.
- A hands-on, proactive, practical, pragmatic attitude.
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team redefining grocery shopping, then click below to apply and get the conversation going! Along with a competitive salary and benefits, you will also be eligible for our stock option plan.
We will be reviewing applications on an on-going basis, so if this sounds like an opportunity you want to pursue, apply today!
If you have any further questions about the position before submitting an application, you can turn to:
Kristjana Thorarinsdottir, Talent Acquisition Partner: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we do not accept applications coming through email due to GDPR. Make sure to apply through our careers page!
Wolt is a technology company that makes it incredibly easy to discover and get the best restaurants, grocery stores and other local shops delivered to your home or office. Wolt works together with around 55,000 restaurant and retail partners as well as with around 125,000 courier partners across 23 countries and over 200 cities.
Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer’s own language.
We’ve raised more than €707M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, Tiger Global, DST, Prosus, KKR, Coatue, 83North, Goldman Sachs, Highland Europe and EQT Ventures & EQT Growth, among others. We’ve also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt’s app as their Editors’ Choice, Wired named the company one of the “Hottest Startups in Europe,” Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year.
In 2020, the Financial Times named us Europe’s second fastest growing company. We’re still expanding rapidly and are looking for more talented individuals to join us. If you are passionate about cutting-edge technology, great food, and making an impact in your city, then Wolt just might be for you.