Courier Operations Finance Specialist
Do you love working with numbers just as much as you love working with people? Does working for one of Europe’s fastest growing companies excite you? If so, then we would love to chat!
About the role
We're currently looking for a Courier Operations Finance Specialist to join our Operations team full-time in Tel Aviv! As our Finance Specialist, you’ll be acting as the lead for our Finance team and helping to optimize processes, locally as well as globally.
This role doesn’t require a specific Finance background or knowledge but you need to be super comfortable working with numbers and business data. Alongside this, you must have a natural service-focused mindset and awesome people & social skills.
By taking ownership of the Courier Finance world you will gain knowledge of all services and parties that are related to the couriers and become the “go to” person for all of those channels inside the Operations team and out. You will also be managing Operations associates who are in charge of communicating with courier partners on a daily basis.
In our Operations team there is no typical day, and to be successful as a Finance Specialist you will need to be self-motivated, creative and have amazing interpersonal and communication skills.
What you’ll be doing
- Leading and managing the Israel Courier Finance Associates who work on a part-time basis
- Managing, optimising and overseeing all communication of couriers regarding the payment process and other financial information related to their work with Wolt.
- Processing and seeing through all bi-weekly Courier payments in Israel
- Interacting with 3rd parties and invoicing platforms who provide financial services, locally and globally
- Promoting different financial platforms that can fit our Couriers’ needs.
- Communicating on a daily basis with the Finance Department at Wolt HQ.
- Optimizing our local team’s financial processes
- Helping our Fin-Tech department to implement changes
- Educating our support team about financial aspects needed for a Healthy ongoing customer support service
Our humble expectations
- Preferably a background in economics or something related
- You’re an expert when it comes to expressing your social skills
- Patience is a part of who you are
- Excellent communicator
- You are a fast learner and attentive to both small details and the bigger picture
- Thorough and organized - you accomplish tasks with all ends tied and have great attention to detail
- Proactive planner and thorough thinker as you constantly seek new ways to improve processes
- You love handling numbers
- Fluent in Hebrew and English
- Attitude: Take ownership beyond the obvious
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team, then click below to apply and get the conversation going!
We will be reviewing applications on an on-going basis, so if this sounds like an opportunity you want to pursue, apply today!
If you have any further questions about the position before submitting an application, you can turn to:
Jonny Hyde, Talent Acquisition Partner - email@example.com.
Wolt is a technology company that makes it incredibly easy to discover and get the best restaurants, grocery stores and other local shops delivered to your home or office. Wolt works together with over 30,000 restaurant and retail partners as well as with over 60,000 courier partners across 23 countries and 129 cities.
Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer’s own language.
We’ve raised more than €707M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, Tiger Global, DST, Prosus, KKR, Coatue, 83North, Goldman Sachs, Highland Europe and EQT Ventures & EQT Growth, among others. We've also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt’s app as their Editors' Choice, Wired named the company one of the "Hottest Startups in Europe," Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year.
In 2020, the Financial Times named us Europe’s second fastest growing company. We’re still expanding rapidly and are looking for more talented individuals to join us. If you are passionate about cutting-edge technology, great food, and making an impact in your city, then Wolt just might be for you.