Global Payroll Project Manager
Are you an experienced payroll professional, with experience in payroll transformations, project management, process design and a good eye for overall payroll development? Do you want to be part of building and scaling our payroll operations in a truly global tech organization? If this sounds like you, then we’d love to chat!
Wolt is a Finnish technology company founded in 2014 with a mission to transform the way people can order food from restaurants. Wolt has since grown rapidly and become a global company, currently operating in 23 countries and over 120 cities across EMEA, servicing 15M registered users - and this is only the beginning. The People team at Wolt currently consists of about 100 HR, Payroll and Talent Acquisition professionals located in Helsinki, Copenhagen, Berlin, Tel-Aviv, Tbilisi and Tokyo.
We always strive for global scalability, modern processes and automation, and therefore we prioritise systems development in every area of the business. With this attitude, during 2021 the People team has launched platforms like Workday and Shareworks, while simultaneously beginning the roll out of Quinyx and changing our payroll vendor to ADP.
Specifically in our global payroll team, we are now looking for a Global Payroll Project Manager to drive our global payroll transformation project as we are currently changing our payroll vendors globally to a single global technology, ADP. As a Payroll Project Manager, you’d have the overall responsibility to drive the project globally ensuring successful country roll-outs, working side-by-side with our Head of Global Payroll. We are looking for a person with strong program / project management experience, in a global environment. Ideally, you’ve worked in payroll transformation projects previously and you have a good end-to-end understanding of payroll processes also from a technical perspective.
This is a truly unique opportunity to be part of a major payroll transformation project in one of the fastest growing companies in Europe, having a chance to really contribute to what modern global payroll looks like, with a goal to provide a world class payroll experience to all of our employees. This role can be based in either Helsinki or Berlin.
What you’ll be doing
- Above all, taking ownership of driving our global payroll transformation project as per the project plan, ensuring successful country roll-outs and meeting other project deliverables.
- In the above, owing all project management activities in the project including e.g. roll-out schedule, country-level project planning, budget follow-up, stakeholder management - working closely with the “delivery side” project manager in all of these areas.
- Analysing and mitigating any possible risks to the project, implementing any changes caused by the company's growth and evolving business needs.
- Being a point of escalation if and when any issues to the services and implementation occur
- Taking an active leading role in payroll process design, data transfer design, overall data management and migration activities, integration planning and testing activities in the project scope, to ensure we continue to build best-in-class modern payroll.
- Working closely with our counterparts in the local HR and Finance teams in all project related activities and above all ensuring that the global design turns into local payroll processes.
- Overall, ensuring our new design fulfils all local statutory and legal requirements
- Together with the project team, drive overall project change management and training, ensuring we have successful implementations from all stakeholder perspectives.
- Leading our project team by giving clarity to the project, ensuring proper communication and motivation to the team.
Our humble expectations
- You have a strong program / project management background, having worked in global payroll and/or system implementation projects, either on the client or vendor side, ideally in a multi-country environment.
- Overall, you have a strong understanding of payroll and payroll process design, with a clear view of what works and what doesn’t.
- You have technical understanding of common HR tools and how they contribute to payroll
- Previous experience with a global payroll vendor, e.g. ADP, would be considered a strong advantage
- A passion for process development and technology is a must
- You have strong planning, problem solving and time management skills
- You are a strong communicator, with high working proficiency in English. You have ability to look at matters from different perspectives
- You enjoy taking ownership and solving problems proactively.
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an ambitious team, then click below to apply and get the conversation going!
What you’ll get by joining us:
- Opportunity to be part of building something exceptional, in an international environment.
- Competitive salary and flexible working model
- Lots of learning and growth in a globally scaling tech company.
- Along with benefits, you will also be eligible for our stock option plan.
If you have any further questions about the position, you can turn to: Katariina Salomäki Regional Talent Acquisition Partner: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that we do not accept applications sent by mail. You should submit your application through our careers website.
Wolt is a technology company that makes it incredibly easy to discover and get the best restaurants, grocery stores and other local shops delivered to your home or office. Wolt works together with over 55,000 restaurant and retail partners as well as with over 125,000 courier partners across 23 countries and 210+ cities.
Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer’s own language.
We’ve raised more than €707M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, Tiger Global, DST, Prosus, KKR, Coatue, 83North, Goldman Sachs, Highland Europe and EQT Ventures & EQT Growth, among others.
We've also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt’s app as their Editors' Choice, Wired named the company one of the "Hottest Startups in Europe," Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year.
In 2020, the Financial Times named us Europe’s second fastest growing company. We’re still expanding rapidly and are looking for more talented individuals to join us. If you are passionate about cutting-edge technology, great food, and making an impact in your city, then Wolt just might be for you.